CELEBRATING 50 YEARS
TDXS 50th ANNIVERSARY OPERATING EVENT
To celebrate the Texas DX Society’s 50th Anniversary we are planning an on the air operating event in which all TDXS members can participate using the call sign K5DX/50! This method provides a way to participate that does not involve a risk from close personal contact, traveling any significant distance, use of un-familiar equipment etc. Members can be located anywhere in the United States! Here’s the plan.
- Each member will use the TDXS Club call sign K5DX with the suffix /50 (for 50 years) and make as many QSOs as possible.
- Operation on 160, 80, 60, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, 6 Meter and higher bands. Modes CW, SSB, RTTY, FT8, etc.
- Recommended frequencies: 20-40 KHz above the low end of the General section of each band mode. FT8/FT4 modes on standard frequencies.
- Spotting - Please spot K5DX/50 to let others know where you are operating. Remember “friends spot friends”!
- The operating period will begin September 14, 2020 00:00 UTC and end October 13, 2020 23:59 UTC
- All TDXS members are welcome to operate using K5DX/50 callsign. You can find your number here.
- TDXS members will sign up for specific 4-hour operating slots using the online signup sheet.
- Online Signup Sheet (Go to the top menu of this webpage and hover your mouse cursor over the menu item "Log in/out" for an explanation.)
- There are slots for CW, SSB and Digital on each band. This will maximize the opportunity for everyone to operate. The signup system is a tool for planning operating times and to maximize the opportunity for amateurs around the world to work K5DX/50. The signup sheet is not intended as a control mechanism. The expected behaviors are:
- Select the time/band/mode you want to operate and operate during that time.
- No need to schedule far in advance for an operating slot. If you turn on your radio and want to operate as K5DX/50, simply go to the signup sheet, select a current unused slot, and make contacts!
- if a slot you want is already taken do not make changes, select another slot.
- you can negotiate slots with the other guy and do not make changes unless there is MUTUAL AGREEMENT
- it you are not going to operate in a slot you selected make changes to the signup sheet.
- Feel free to spot yourself as well as others. This is not a contest!
- By choosing to participate you are agreeing to:
- Use good operating practices.
- Supply your station location data (country, state, county, grid square 4 or 6 digit) so that your QSOs can be properly uploaded into LoTW.
- Contact us for assistance If you have difficulty with electronic logging and submitting the required log file.
- A special commemorative QSL for this event is available. Please send your QSL with a self-addressed Stamped envelope or SAE with appropriate postage to:
TEXAS DX SOCIETY – K5DX/50
5303 S MASON RD APT 212
KATY TX 77450-7152